Friday 14 June 2013

Confessions of a Blogger Tag.

Hey guys,

I know, I'm hopeless!! I last posted in February and that is not good enough! But I have a few excuses lined up, Uni finished a few weeks back and so up until then I was burdened with work and spent all my waking hours sat in the library writing 4000 word essays. It payed off though, came out of my second year with 2 Cs, 3 Bs and 3 As and since summer began I have been doing overtime at work. I'm hoping to be a better blogger from now on though. I'm going to start off a little easy with a tag and I'll soon (hopefully) be uploading some OOTDs and Hauls (accidentally spent about £150 in Topshop last week, oooops). So anyway after that essay, into the Tag.

01. When did you start your blog?
I started this little blog of mine on the first of July 2012, meaning it's nearly a year old :O how fast has that gone!

02. Have you had any online presence before?
I have never had a blog before or a YouTube channel (as much as I'd love one!!) but I have Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and things (Links up there ^^ *winkwink*)

03. Why did you start a blog?
I love and am incredibly addicted to watching YouTube and have for a couple of years, wanted to start up my own channel but I have zero confidence with stuff like that. I knew about blogs and had read a few and followed some on BlogLovin' and so I decided to start up my blog LucyLoves :)

04. When did you become serious about blogging?
For a while I posted really randomly, sometimes three times a day and then again two weeks later, I had a very basic blog design and maybe one or two followers. After a few weeks I realised how to personalise it and how to gain more followers. I also started blogging more frequently and even scheduled certain posts if I knew I was going to be out. 

05. What was your first post?
I actually started a LucyLoves blog before this one but forgot the password and so remade my blog as this one you see now. Originally on that one my first post was a 'hi, this is my blog' post, although on this blog, my first post was about Revlon lip butters and MUA lipsticks.

06. What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Definitely (as you can tell) keeping motivated to blog and to not take months out. I LOVE blogging and reading blogs and when I compose proper posts I spend ages on them. It's just sometimes I push blogging to the back and can't build the motivation or find the time to blog. I do miss the blogging community when I take time out though.

07. Where do you see your blog in one year?
Ehm, not that amazing to be honest. I'm training as a teacher and so don't see it becoming anything big unlike bloggers who work in the beauty/fashion industry. I just love using it as a way to express my love for fashion and beauty and such things and hope that I can entertain some of you guys with my future posts.

08. What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
for sure the people. I have never met any of you lovely guys although I enjoy reading about peoples lives and what they've been upto and what clothes they like and things and reading comments on my posts. It has opened up a whole other community and world for me that I never knew that much of before. I love you guys :)

09. What is the most discouraging thing?
Nothing too major, just again the time it takes me (as a bit of a perfectionist) to compose posts. After getting home from a day at work all I want to do is watch YouTube or The Big Bang Theory and eat, I have thought about uploading a post on numerous occasions but just cannot get off my but and do it.

10. What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Hearing from you guys in comments or e-mails about posts you've liked and saying that you've followed or something. To think that people actually read this stuff I post is what WHAAAAT!? I also absolutely love fashion and make up and pretty things and love sharing things with other people and finding out about new things through reading other's blogs. 


Aaaaaaaand, that is it. I apologise again for my lack of blogging and hope that you'll forgive me haha. 
Also, I tag anyone who is reading this right now to also do this tag


Lots of love, Lucy 

No comments:

Post a Comment